Musculoskeletal Advanced Therapies
Despite the high incidence of muscle injuries, degenerative joint or spine diseses and other musculoskeletal disorders like tendon or bone pathologies, the basic issue - biological regeneration - has not yet been solved in clinical practice. Since 2006 we have been working on translational therapies in the field of musculoskeletal regeneration with the aim to bring innovative regenerative approaches to the patient.
You are here:
Authors:Winkler T, Stuhlert MGW, Lieb E, Muller M, von Roth P, Preininger B, Trampuz A, Perka CF
Title:Outcome of short versus long interval in two-stage exchange for periprosthetic joint infection: a prospective cohort study
For chronic periprosthetic joint infection, a 6-8 week interval is commonly used before re-implantation. We evaluated the influence of a short (< 4 weeks) and long (>/= 4 weeks) prosthesis-freeinterval on reinfection rate and functional outcome of hip and knee periprosthetic joint infection. Our study suggests that two-stage exchange with short interval has a similar outcome than with long interval, when highly active antibiotic therapy is used. Patient inconvenience and care costs due to immobilization were lower when strategies with a short interval were used.
Journal:Arch Orthop Trauma Surg Year:2019; Volume:139Issue:(4):Pages:295-303.
Authors:Winkler T, Perka C, von Roth P, Agres AN, Plage H, Preininger B, Pumberger M, Geissler S, Hagai EL, Ofir R, Pinzur L, Eyal E, Stoltenburg-Didinger G, Meisel C, Consentius C, Streitz M, Reinke P, Duda GN, Volk HD
Title:Immunomodulatory placental-expanded, mesenchymal stromal cells improve muscle function following hip arthroplasty
In this study we addressed surgical trauma-related muscle injuries resulting from Hip arthroplasty by local intraoperative application of allogeneic placenta-derived, mesenchymal-like adherent cells (PLX-PAD). This cell type was used because of its high regenerative and immunomodulatory potency and we could show that this allogeneic PLX-PAD therapy improved strength and volume of the injured skeletal muscle with a reasonable safety profile. Outcomes could be positively correlated with the modulation of early postoperative stress-related immunological reactions.
Journal:J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle Year:2018; Volume:9Issue:(5):Pages:880-897.
- Authors:Maleitzke T, Pumberger M, Gerlach UA, Herrmann C, Slagman A, Henriksen LS, von Mauchenheim F, Hüttermann N, Santos AN, Fleckenstein FN, Rauch G, Märdian S, Perka C, Stöckle U, Möckel M, Lindner T, Winkler T
Journal:PLoS One Year:2021; Volume:16Issue:(2)
Title:Impact of the COVID-19 shutdown on orthopedic trauma numbers and patterns in an academic Level I Trauma Center in Berlin, Germany
- Authors:Bartek B, Winkler T, Garbe A, Schelberger T, Perka C, Jung T
Journal:Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc Year:2021;
Title:Bacterial contamination of irrigation fluid and suture material during ACL reconstruction and meniscus surgery : Low infection rate despite increasing contamination over surgery time
- Authors:Fuchs M, Trampuz A, Kirschbaum St, Winkler T, Sass FAJournal:J Clin Med Year:2021; Volume:10Issue:(4)
- Authors:Maleitzke T, Maziak N, Plachel F, Winkler T, Moroder P
Journal:Arch Orthop Trauma Surg Year:2020;
Title:Can an acute high-grade acromioclavicular joint separation be reduced and stabilized without surgery? A surgeon's experience
- Authors:Winkler T, Duda GNJournal:J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle Year:2020;
- Authors:Maleitzke T, Eckerlin P, Winkler T, Trampuz AJournal:Orthopade Year:2020; Volume:49Issue:(8):Pages:679-684.
- Authors:Maleitzke T, Elazaly H, Festbaum Ch, Eder CH, Karczewski D, Perka C, Duda GN, Winkler T
Journal:J Clin Med Year:2020; Volume:9Issue:(7)
Title:Mesenchymal Stromal Cell-Based Therapy-An Alternative to Arthroplasty for the Treatment of Osteoarthritis? A State of the Art Review of Clinical Trials
- Authors:Eder CH, Schmidt-Bleek K, Geissler S, Sass FA, Maleitzke T, Pumberger M, Perka C, Duda GN, Winkler T
Journal:Mol Biol Rep Year:2020;
Title:Mesenchymal Stromal Cell and Bone Marrow Concentrate Therapies for Musculoskeletal Indications: A Concise Review of Current Literature
- Authors:Müller M, Winkler T, Märdian S, Trampuz A, Renz N, Perka C, Karczewski D.
Journal:Arch Orthop Trauma Surg Year:2019;
Title:The worst-case scenario: treatment of periprosthetic femoral fracture with coexistent periprosthetic infection-a prospective and consecutive clinical study
- Authors:Gonzalez Moreno M, Wang L, De Masi M, Winkler T, Trampuz A, Di Luca M
Journal:J Antimicrob Chemother Year:2019; Volume: May 2. pii: dkz174. doi: 10.1093/jac/dkz174. [Epub ahead of print]
Title:In vitro antimicrobial activity against Abiotrophia defectiva and Granulicatella elegans biofilms