Tissues in the musculoskeletal system are exquisitely designed with superb mechanical properties. The tissues are also able to adapt to withstand changing mechanical conditions. The Computational Mechanobiology Group is focused on understanding these two exciting features. Using computer modeling techniques, we seek to understand the mechanical behavior of tissues and their adaptive and regenerative response to mechanical stimuli at the different time and length scales.
You are here:
- Authors:Metz C, Duda GN, Checa S
Journal:Acta Biomater Year:2019;
Title:Towards multi-dynamic mechano-biological optimization of 3D-printed scaffolds to foster bone regeneration
- Authors:Mohammadkhah M, Marinkovic D, Zehn M, Checa S
Title:A review on computer modeling of bone piezoelectricity and its application to bone adaptation and regeneration
- Authors:Borgiani E, Figge C, Kruck B, Willie BM, Duda GN, Checa S
Journal:J Bone Miner Res Year:2019; Volume:doi: 10.1002/jbmr.3801
Title:Age-related changes in the mechanical regulation of bone healing are explained by altered cellular mechanoresponse
- Authors:Kühn C, Checa S
Journal:Front Physiol Year:2019; Volume:10:Pages:288.
Title:Computational Modeling to Quantify the Contributions of VEGFR1, VEGFR2, and Lateral Inhibition in Sprouting Angiogenesis
- Authors:Heyland M, Checa S, Kendoff D, Duda GN
Journal:Sci Rep Year:2019; Volume:9Issue:(1):Pages:482.
Title:Anatomic grooved stem mitigates strain shielding compared to established total hip arthroplasty stem designs in finite-element models
- Authors:Kruck B, Zimmermann EA, Damerow S, Figge C, Julien C, Wulsten D, Thiele T, Martin M, Hamdy R, Reumann MK, Duda GN, Checa S, Willie BM
Journal:J Bone Miner Res Year:2018; Volume:33Issue:(9):Pages:1686-1697.
Title:Sclerostin Neutralizing Antibody Treatment Enhances Bone Formation but Does Not Rescue Mechanically Induced Delayed Healing
- Authors:Albiol L, Cilla M, Pflanz D, Kramer I, Kneissel M, Duda GN, Willie BM, Checa S
Journal:J R Soc Interface Year:2018; Volume:15Issue:(141)
Title:Sost deficiency leads to reduced mechanical strains at the tibia midshaft in strain-matched in vivo loading experiments in mice
- Authors:Moewis P, Checa S, Kutzner I, Hommel H, Duda GN
Journal:PLoS One Year:2018; Volume:13Issue:(2):Pages:e0192225.
Title:Physiological joint line total knee arthroplasty designs are especially sensitive to rotational placement - A finite element analysis
- Authors:Pobloth AM, Checa S, Razi H, Petersen A, Weaver JC, Schmidt-Bleek K, Windolf M, Tatai AA, Roth CP, Schaser KD, Duda GN, Schwabe P
Journal:Sci Transl Med Year:2018; Volume:10Issue:(423)
Title:Mechanobiologically optimized 3D titanium-mesh scaffolds enhance bone regeneration in critical segmental defects in sheep
- Authors:Cilla M, Checa S, Duda GNJournal:J Orthop Res Year:2017; Volume:35Issue:(11)