The research group "Cell Biology" investigates the biology of adult stem cells, immune cells, endothelial precursors and fibroblasts as well as their possible role in musculoskeletal tissue regeneration. We are looking at the interaction between cells, mechanics and the extracellular matrix. Furthermore, we are concentrating on alterations of intrinsic cell functions in response to extrinsic stimuli, such as age or an altered immune response. Our long-term goal is to develop new therapeutic approaches to improve musculoskeletal tissue regeneration, especially for impaired healing cases.
You are here:
- Authors:Qazi TH, Duda GN, Ort MJ, Perka C, Geissler S, Winkler TJournal:J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle Year:2019;
- Authors:Moll G, Ankrum JA, Kamhieh-Milz J, Bieback K, Ringden O, Volk HD, Geissler S, Reinke P
Journal:Trends Mol Med Year:2019; Volume:25Issue:(2):Pages:149-163.
Title:Intravascular Mesenchymal Stromal/Stem Cell Therapy Product Diversification: Time for New Clinical Guidelines
- Authors:Petersen A, Princ A, Korus G, Ellinghaus A, Leemhuis H, Herrera A, Klaumunzer A, Schreivogel S, Woloszyk A, Schmidt-Bleek K, Geissler S, Heschel I, Duda GN
Journal:Nat Commun Year:2018; Volume:9Issue:(1):Pages:4430.
Title:A biomaterial with a channel-like pore architecture induces endochondral healing of bone defects
- Authors:Qazi TH, Berkmann JC, Schoon J, Geissler S, Duda GN, Boccaccini AR, Lippens E
Journal:J Biomed Mater Res A Year:2018; Volume:106Issue:(11):Pages:2827-2837.
Title:Dosage and composition of bioactive glasses differentially regulate angiogenic and osteogenic response of human MSCs
- Authors:Winkler T, Perka C, von Roth P, Agres AN, Plage H, Preininger B, Pumberger M, Geissler S, Hagai EL, Ofir R, Pinzur L, Eyal E, Stoltenburg-Didinger G, Meisel C, Consentius C, Streitz M, Reinke P, Duda GN, Volk HD
Journal:J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle Year:2018; Volume:9Issue:(5):Pages:880-897.
Title:Immunomodulatory placental-expanded, mesenchymal stromal cells improve muscle function following hip arthroplasty
- Authors:Fuchs M, von Roth P, Pfitzner T, Kopf S, Sass FA, Hommel HJournal:J Am Acad Orthop Surg Glob Res Rev Year:2018; Volume:2Issue:(5):Pages:e027.
- Authors:Klein O, Strohschein K, Nebrich G, Fuchs M, Thiele H, Giavalisco P, Duda GN, Winkler T, Kobarg JH, Trede D, Geissler S
Journal:Sci Rep Year:2018; Volume:8Issue:(1):Pages:12677.
Title:Unraveling local tissue changes within severely injured skeletal muscles in response to MSC-based intervention using MALDI Imaging mass spectrometry
- Authors:Winkler T, Sass FA, Duda GN, Schmidt-Bleek K
Journal:Bone Joint Res Year:2018; Volume:7Issue:(3):Pages:232-243.
Title:A review of biomaterials in bone defect healing, remaining shortcomings and future opportunities for bone tissue engineering: The unsolved challenge
- Authors:Sass FA, Fuchs M, Pumberger M, Geissler S, Duda GN, Perka C, Schmidt-Bleek KJournal:Int J Mol Sci Year:2018; Volume:19Issue:(3)
- Authors:Janz V, Schoon J, Morgenstern C, Preininger B, Reinke S, Duda G, Breitbach A, Perka CF, Geissler S
Journal:Bone Joint Res Year:2018; Volume:7Issue:(1):Pages:Dez 19.
Title:Rapid detection of periprosthetic joint infection using a combination of 16s rDNA polymerase chain reaction and lateral flow immunoassay: A Pilot Study